Wednesday 5 June 2019

Game Journalism Day 1 - Basics - Raft - IT 11 - Kevin


The Basics of Raft
The game "Raft" is a survival game that resembles a lost person in the middle of the ocean. The objective of the game is to collect debris and enlarge your raft into something that will allow you to survive.
How do you Collect Debris?
   To collect debris, you click the left side of your mouse to throw your hook. This is very similar to fishing. When you throw your hook, you must hook it onto the debris floating in the ocean. When you hooked onto something, you hold onto the left side of your mouse, reeling in the debris to yourself. Once you reel it in, it will be placed in your inventory.
My Raft!
This is my raft. Unfortunately, it is missing a piece as a shark had bitten it off. I have built a bed and a crafting table in which I will use to expand my raft.
Types of Debris
In Raft, debris is very essential. The most common and useful item is the wooden plank, as it is needed when building necessities such as a bed. Plastic can be used to create items such as the plastic hook. Palm leafs can be used to create ropes. Barrels are the most useful, as they have all the debris in the game.
Shark Attack!
Sharks occasionally bite a piece of your raft, limiting your freedom of space.
How I experienced my First Death
When I died for the first time in Raft, it was a result of hunger. I did not know how you could get food. For next time, I am going to look into the items I can build with my debris that can help me gather food.

No comments:

Post a Comment